Genuine working from home opportunities seem few and far between, which is why I was really keen to share this vacancy with you.
TakeNote are currently recruiting for Audio Typists, click here to see the vacancy.
To qualify, you must confirm that:
- I have an excellent understanding of the English language, both spoken and written and have at least a grade C in English GCSE.
- I can type accurately at 65wpm.
- I have access to a fast, secure broadband connection.
- I possess my own laptop/pc with anti virus software and Microsoft Office installed.
- I have a sound card and high quality headphones or speakers.
- I am based in the UK.
- I am over 18.
- I am registered as self employed or will be doing so shortly, and understand should my application be successful I will be working for Take Note on a freelance basis.
There are two tests that you can quickly take on the vacancy page to see whether it would be a good match for you.
If successful, you will earn £25 per hour of full transcription audio, £15 for summaries and £10 for remote notes. Payment is made for the audio, and it typically takes 3-4 times the length of the audio to type the full transcription. To get paid you will need to invoice Take Note monthly and you'll be paid via BACS in the first fortnight of each month.
There are 4 different shift patterns that you can pick up:
- Early morning – file sent to you by 6am – deadline for return, 10am.
- Day shift – file sent to you by 11am (often earlier) – deadline for return, 4pm.
- Evening shift – file sent to you by 5pm – deadline for return, 6am the following morning.
- Weekend shifts usually have longer deadlines but transcribers can receive up to 120 mins of audio.
Thank you to Jon from The Money Shed. If you'd like to see the thread with more details, click here.