Kiev is the eighth most populated city in Europe and is home to some of the most high-tech industries, universities and landmarks. Kiev is participating in the Blockchain Conference and the FinTech Hackathon. There are many businesses in Kiev that accept bitcoin in their business, a digital decentralised currency that is accepted globally.
What can you do with bitcoin?
- You can pay for Apple repairs and buy Apple products – Apple Repair Service in Ukraine
- You can do floristry courses taught by teachers with international standards – Asant Floral Studio
- You can buy window films for cars – AvtoPlenka Auto Shop
- Clients can travel around the world without having to pre-plan – Blitz Travel Agency
- Spend time in a café that will only charge you for the time you spend there – Clock Face Café
- Enjoy healthy quality products and receive a discount when buying wit Bitcoin – Eco-dostavka Natural and Health Food Store
- Get legal consulting services for your business – Juscutum Attorneys Association
- Buy heaters or air conditioning units – Omega Climate
- Get IT consulting for your business offering simple IT solutions – Silenca Tech
- Coverage for car maintenance, accidents and insurance – U-Drive Federation
- Printing services offering photos, posters, videos and invitations – Video Fabrika
There are many bitcoin merchants in Kiev that have been verified by the Kiev ambassador.
People living in Ukraine can also purchase fruits and vegetables using Bitcoin especially at the Besarabsky Market which is situated in Kiev. The reason they have allowed this method is to show people how simple it is to use cryptocurrencies to do daily tasks. This market is historic and an indoor market at the centre of the city.
It has previously been accepting Bitcoin cash (BCH) but has since decided to broaden it to bitcoin as well. Locals and tourists can make use of this facility for quick and easy transactions. Bitcoin is not just convenient for sellers but also for customers as they both send and receive money in their preferred currency. This option is believed to offer buyers a new experience and also attract new bitcoin clients. The project has been called Babushka which translates to Granny in Ukrainian. It has a goal of setting an example on how simple it is to use cryptocurrency in everyday life. This market is the only one that accepts crypto currencies as payments. It hopes to be a trendsetter for the rest of the world.
Currently, cryptocurrencies are being introduced in cafes, restaurants, online stores, schools, clinics, salons, and a few outlet stores. People are still sceptical about using online currency to trade however more and more people are getting used to this new way of exchange. There are many benefits that come along with bitcoin purchases, which ultimately will become the popular payment method in many countries. You can easily exchange bitcoin to USD or your preferred currency and the money can be deposited into your personal bank account in a matter of minutes.