At the beginning of September I set myself a challenge to earn £2,000, not including my matched betting income. September has been an odd month with lots of Things happening, the main one being that I quit my job. This has meant that I've not been working hard on earning money in September itself, but rather I have been laying the groundwork to have an income beyond November. Unfortunately this has meant that I didn't reach my £2,000 goal for September.
In September, I have managed to earn (and have paid out into my bank) £1,040.21.
This IS below my target, but you know what? I'm not going to grumble about an extra £1,000 on top of my wages. The time and effort I put in last month on other projects has already paid off with a massive £550 affiliate earnings landing in my bank on the 1st October (which unfortunately cannot be counted for September's earnings). This does not include my matched betting earnings, which I am counting elsewhere.
Here are some of the things I have been doing to earn that extra £1,000:
- Completing surveys with Prolific Academic.
- Checking The Selfie Lottery daily (I won over £80).
- Completing surveys with Mint Vine.
- Website testing with What Users Do.
- Mystery shopping.
- Facebook selling.
- Car boot sale.
- Paid to search with Qmee.
- Swagbucks payout via Paypal.
- Quidco cashback.
- A Ladbrokes win – I don't tend to gamble my own money very often, and I view it as entertainment instead of a way to make money, but I just managed to strike it lucky.
October's challenge is going to be a little different – I will be publishing our additional income over at Make Money Without a Job, where I will be publishing all our income reports from now on.