I've worn glasses since I was 10, and I think that the only thing I've come away with is knowing that glasses are expensive!
Years and years ago, I came across Select Specs, offering 48 different pairs of prescription glasses for just £6. The £6 budget glasses are great, and they are all I have bought in the last few years. As long as your prescription falls between Sphere (SPH): +6.00 to -6.00 and Cylindrical (CYL): +2.00 to -2.00, you can get your glasses for just £6 (plus postage).
Not only do you get a prescription pair of glasses for £6, each pair comes with:
- Scratch resistant coating
- Full UV protection
- Anti-reflection treatment
- Glasses case
- Cleaning cloth
Ordering from SelectSpecs is simple:
- Pick your glasses (they even tell you how to ensure that you get the correct size).
- Enter your prescription information. If you aren't confident in entering your prescription details then you can send a copy of your prescription to SelectSpecs to ensure that the order is correct.
- Measure your pupillary distance.
- Add any optional extras.
- Place your order.
Postage starts from £5.95 for Royal Mail recorded, or free if you spend over £75, so I try to order a few pairs at once, as well as ordering for family members. Production takes between 7-10 working days, and then delivery is a further 1-3 working days after that.
I cannot recommend SelectSpecs enough. I have never had a problem with ordering and delivery, and the glasses have been great quality. I have never paid more than £6 per pair, and it means that I can buy a few pairs to dot around the house.
Pin this for later
Join my FREE money making course
Join my free 6 week email course to find out tried and tested ways to earn extra money. Get exclusive access to the Money Making Mastermind Facebook group with over 1,000 members.