How to Make Money Writing: 9 Ways for Mom-Students
Description: Want to know how to make money online? These stay-at-home mom jobs may be just the thing for you. Learn how to write and get paid with this guide on how to make money writing: 9 ways for mom-students.
If you’re a mother and a student at the same time, getting a regular job is probably out of the question. After all, a big part of your day is spent on caring for your child and completing coursework. But if you’re also wondering how to make money from home, then writing online may just be the thing for you. Apart from the flexible hours, these stay-at-home mom jobs don’t require you to have extensive experience. Here’s how to make money writing: 9 ways for mom-students.
Make Money Writing Online
- Blogging. One of the most popular ways to make money online is by setting up a blog. A blog is basically a personal page where you share a wide array of written content, from your thoughts and ideas about particular topics to your experiences in daily life. So, how to get paid for blogging? Here’s a simple answer: if your blog becomes popular and builds up a substantial following, you’ll earn money through ads, since companies place ads on popular blogs and pay bloggers in return.
- Freelancing/Ghostwriting. Here’s a fact: a lot of people need help with their writing. That said, freelancing or ghostwriting is a great way to write and get paid for it. As a freelancer, you can accept copyediting, copywriting, or proofreading jobs. You can even draft business letters and resumes for your clients. And as a ghostwriter, you get paid to write longer works for your clients like speeches, essays, or even full-length books. There are so many people who’d rather pay you for your help than repeatedly type in “write my speech” on those search bars.
- Job Boards. If you want to learn more about how to make money writing, you can become a member of job boards. A job board is basically a website that connects freelancers with clients. Companies place ads for jobs on a board, while a freelancer can browse through the site for job listings. As a member of a job board, you’ll be able to view the various jobs available and sign up for those you can complete.
- Affiliate Marketing. As one of the less demanding online jobs for moms, affiliate marketing can earn you money without demanding too much of your time. Affiliate marketing is done by promoting products on your blog and including a link to that product. You get paid if people click on the link and purchase the product. Note, though, that for you to do this you need to have a blog already set in place.
- Sponsored Posts on Social Media. This job is much like affiliate marketing. But instead of promoting a product on your blog, sponsored posts are usually published on social media platforms. You earn money when companies pay you to promote their products on your personal social media profiles. However, you will need to have photography skills or hire a skilled photographer, since most of sponsored posts need to feature good photographs.
- Write Reviews. Are you the type of person who loves trying out new products and services? If you answered yes, you’d be delighted to know that you can actually get paid to write reviews. Whether for marketing or research purposes, a lot of companies pay people to review their products and services. Apart from being a delightful way to earn money, reviewing products also sometimes comes with perks such as freebies or discounts on your next purchases.
- Contribute to Websites. Another way to make money online is by contributing articles to websites. A lot of websites, especially online magazines and entertainment sites, actively seek contributors or remain open to attention-grabbing pitches. Got a great countdown list? Want to share a funny but insightful essay? Go ahead and start pitching those ideas to whoever’s in charge. Talent and creativity are all it takes to write articles for money.
- Write fiction. Writing fiction is another way to make money while being a stay-at-home mom. If you have a flair for writing fiction, you can turn your talent into a lucrative job by collaborating with websites that pay you to write short stories, novels, or even screenplays.
- Coach. If you do in fact already have some experience with writing (say, you were once a writer or editor for your school paper), you could opt for coaching as way to earn money online. A lot of aspiring writers are often plagued by questions like how to start writing and how to be a freelance writer. If you feel that you’re competent enough to help others with their writing, coaching clients is a good option for you. Aside from directly teaching your clients how to write more effectively, you can also draft guides and tutorials for them to use.
There are many options to consider when you want to know how to make money online. But if you’re a mom-student who needs to spend most of her time at home, writing online is one of the best options for you. Through this guide on how to make money writing: 9 ways for mom-students, you can be sure that there’s an online writing job that fits your needs. And the best thing is you don’t need a lot of experience. With effective writing skills, you’re all set to start on your writing career.