AD – this is a paid collaboration.
A great way for bloggers to make money is to sell their own products, whether it is digital products or physical products. One of the easiest ways to do this is to install the free WordPress plugin, WooCommerce, onto your blog. WooCommerce allows you to list products for sale, accept Paypal and credit or debit card payments, charge shipping and relevant taxes (like VAT) as well as use discount codes.
I am currently working on a WooCommerce store for my digital ebooks and other products, and whilst it is a slow work in progress I am excited for the passive income it could potentially earn me.
Tweaking your WooCommerce store needs a lot of work. For example you need to set up:
- Product listings
- A WooCommerce theme
- Shipping information
- Tax information (tax as VAT)
- Payment processing
There are some fantastic benefits to using WooCommerce.
Most of us run blogs on WordPress, so this plugin is easy to install.
Probably best of all is that WooCommerce is free to install and use. There are some paid extensions you can get if you need them, but the basic WooCommerce options are enough for most bloggers to sell their products from.
Another great feature, and the reason I chose WooCommerce over other options is that potential buyers stay on my website instead of being directed to a third-party website. Using Paypal and Stripe, WooCommerce can completely handle the entire transaction without the buyer having to leave my website. Perfect!
Choosing a visually appealing WooCommerce theme for your blog shop is really important.
Your theme will impact your website speed as well as how your potential buyers navigate products you have for sale.
You have worked hard to create your products, whether they are physical or digital, so it is important that you showcase them well.
WooCommerce themes from https://themeplanet.com start from as little as $20, making it an affordable way to make your shop look great.
If you aren't using WooCommerce then you can also take a look at Shopify themes.
Physical products that bloggers can sell
If you are looking for ideas for physical products that you can sell, here are some ideas:
- Planners – you can get these specially printed to post out to your buyers.
- To do lists – again, another product you can get printed into memo pads to send to your buyers.
- Merchandise – if you have loyal fans then they might be interested in merchandise with your branding, from badges to apparel.
- Stationery – I love treating myself to new stationery, and being able to support other bloggers too is a win-win.
- Clothing – from sewing your own designs to buying items at wholesale, this is a great way for fashion bloggers to increase their income.
- Accessories – again, something that fashion bloggers can sell to increase their income.
Plus many more!
Digital products that bloggers can sell
If you are looking for ideas for digital products that you can sell, here are some ideas:
- ebooks – no matter what your area of expertise is, you can create ebooks to help your readers learn more.
- Courses – more indepth than an ebook and usually requiring a bigger financial commitment from buyers.
- Printables such as budget planners, meal planners and to do lists
- Colouring in pages – great during this lockdown.
- Classes or lessons
Plus many more!
Bloggers shouldn't be afraid to branch out and sell their own products, whether they are physical or digital!