Today we need to talk about something that is key to blogging. Getting people to actually read your blog.
There are so many ways to promote your new blog, and lots of things you can be doing to ensure that readers are coming to your blog, and then staying!
Here are my tips:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). This means getting your blog posts to rank high on Google, thus bringing in more visitors.
- Pin your post to Pinterest. You will need to create a suitable Pinterest image to include in the blog post (click here to see mine) and then pin them to Pinterest boards. Pinterest is an absolute minefield, but if you are active, pinning regularly and creating eye-catching images then you are well on your way.
- Viral Content Buzz – it works on a points system where you earn points for sharing other people's content on your own social media. You can then spend your points on getting your own posts shared.
- Your newsletter – your readers have joined your newsletter for updates, so they will be expecting to hear about your latest blog post!
- Comment on other blogs – this is a great way to get your name out there, especially if you can find similar websites within your niche.
- Blogger Facebook groups where you can share your latest posts.
- Brands – if you are including items from a brand then be sure to share it on their social media pages or mention them in tweets.
- Guest posting on other blogs.
- Make it easy to share your content by using sharing buttons. I really like Social Warfare.
Remember that your content might be awesome, but unless you are sharing it and getting readers to you, it isn't any good to anyone!
Don’t forget that you can also join my Facebook Mastermind group to ask questions and chat to other like minded people. I can’t wait to see you there!