Blogging challenge day 20 – as part of the Money Making Mastermind Group. View day 18 here. (19 was launch day and doesn't have a dedicated post)
Day 20 is a list of places to promote your blog posts.
You should automatically be promoting blog posts on your social media accounts, having set that up earlier in the challenge. If you haven't then go and do this right now!
- Pin your post to Pinterest – remember to use all the information you learned in the Pinterest lesson (day 16)
- Viral Content Buzz – it works on a points system where you earn points for sharing other people's content on your own social media. You can then spend your points on getting your own posts shared.
- Your newsletter – your readers have joined your newsletter for updates, so they will be expecting to hear about your latest blog post!
- StumbleUpon – a bookmarking website where users can “stumble” through to find stuff they like. You can add your own posts, but also be sure to add content from other blogs.
- Comment on other blogs – this is a great way to get your name out there, especially if you can find similar websites within your niche.
- Blogger Facebook groups
- Brands – if you are including items from a brand then be sure to share it on their social media pages or mention them in tweets. This is how Poundland have shared my Poundland posts for the last 2 months, giving me a massive spike in traffic.
- Guest posting on other blogs – we'll have a guest post swap day shortly.
Remember that your content might be awesome, but unless you are sharing it and getting readers to you, it isn't any good to anyone!