Did you know that some of your empty beauty products could be worth freebies or cash? With environmental issues on many company’s radars, they are offering incentives to people returning their empty beauty products or you could make some serious cash by selling your empty packaging on eBay!
MAC – free lipstick worth £15.50
If you use MAC makeup then did you know that you can recycle 6 empty MAC products and receive a free lipstick? The program, called Back To MAC which encourages you to recycle. You can’t return things like the boxes, applicators or accessories but things like empty lipgloss, mascara, eyeshadow etc count. You can even reutn
LUSH – free face mask worth £6.50
Take back 5 empty black pots to Lush for them to recycle and you can get a free face mask worth £6.50. This also includes the clear pots that shower jelly comes in – as well as lots of other packaging. Every item that is included will be clearly marked on the label.
Kiehl’s – various freebies
Kiehl’s is extremely pricey, so it is good to know that they offer a variety of freebies for returning your empty products:
- Return 3 empty, full sized products for a free lip balm worth around £9
- Return 5 empty, full sized products and you will get a free travel size product – the value of this varies.
- Return 10 empty, full sized products and you will get the above lip balm and travel sized item, as well as a full sized product.
Perfume bottles – various amounts
Another one that makes me stretch my head, but lots of people are successfully selling their empty beauty product packaging on eBay. This lot of empty MAC boxes sold for £15, these two Urban Decay empty boxes sold for £11 and this lot of mixed empty beauty product boxes sold for £10.50.
Do you know of any other recycling schemes that earn you freebies? Please let me know in the comments below and I will add them to this list! Leave your blog link too if you’d like me to link to you.
Pin this for later
JOIN MY FREE MONEY MAKING COURSE!
Join my free 6 week email course to find out tried and tested ways to earn extra money. Get exclusive access to the Money Making Mastermind Facebook group with hundreds of members.
Latest posts by Emma Drew (see all)
- 12 Money Saving New Years Resolutions - January 18, 2017
- Money saving tips for your holiday to Iceland - January 16, 2017
- Your chance to win £500 with the British Bank Awards - January 13, 2017