Lately I have become obsessed with vegetable crumbles – either as a main meal itself or as a side for another meal. I posted a photograph of my latest one to Instagram and many of you asked for the recipe, so here it is!
I’m not usually one to follow a recipe – I look at the ingredients and method then using those as a base I sort of make my own thing up as I go along. So whilst I’m posting my recipe below, feel free to adapt it how you see fit. There aren’t any weights for the vegetables as I found it easier to look and see.
This recipe serves 2-4 depending on whether it is a side or a main meal.
For the filling:
A selection of vegetables – whatever you fancy! I have tried butternut, carrots and broccoli.
For the crumble topping:
- 200g plain flour
- 100g butter (or margarine)
- 1 tablespoon of parsley (dried is fine!)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Chop your vegetables into smaller pieces.
- Soften your vegetables in a pan with a small amount of water.
- Whilst your vegetables are softening, mix together the flour and butter until you make breadcrumbs.
- Drain your vegetables and place them into a casserole dish.
- Mix the parsley and salt into the breadcrumb mix.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mix over the vegetables in the casserole dish.
- Place in the oven for an hour.
And there you have it, your amazing vegetable crumble! It tastes amazing and even gets the pickiest of eaters (hi Tony!) to eat vegetables. You can also amend it to suit your needs – bacon works really well in it, especially cooking bacon to keep the costs down – just don’t precook the bacon.
Pin this for later
JOIN MY FREE MONEY MAKING COURSE!
Join my free 6 week email course to find out tried and tested ways to earn extra money. Get exclusive access to the Money Making Mastermind Facebook group with hundreds of members.