If you are left feeling dissatisfied with your bank, or you are looking to get some perks from your banking, then you might want to look to switch bank accounts. Switching is different to just opening a new account – it is about moving over the payment of your income and the paying of your bills, etc.
The process of switching your bank account is much easier now, and the switch will be complete in just 7 days. What's more is that your payments will be protected for 36 months after the switch – that means that any payments that are either sent or requested from your old account will be automatically redirected to your new account.
How to switch
- Choose a current account to switch to.
- Provide details of the bank account you want to switch from, including the sort code, account number, debit card number and the expiry date.
- Choose when you have the switch take place – either when you apply or at a later date.
And that's it! Your payments, direct debits and standing orders will all be moved over for you within seven days.
Switching to TSB
There are many reasons to switch your current account to TSB:
- A great range of accounts to choose from
- 24/7 online, mobile and telephone banking
- Over 600 branches nationwide
- A range of free services to help you manage your money better, including Money Planner and a text message when you are close to your limit.
If you don't want to switch everything
Sometimes it is useful to keep another bank account open, so TSB have thought of this too! They offer a Partial Transfer Service which allows you to pick which of the payments you want switching to your new account, and which ones you want to keep from your old account.
Have you switched lately? How did you find the process?
Pin this for later
JOIN MY FREE MONEY MAKING COURSE!
Join my free 6 week email course to find out tried and tested ways to earn extra money. Get exclusive access to the Money Making Mastermind Facebook group with hundreds of members.
Latest posts by Emma Drew (see all)
- The free blogging checklist that every blogger needs - March 24, 2017
- Win a Lily's Kitchen Cat Food Hamper - March 22, 2017
- 6 ways your job could be costing you money - March 22, 2017