Earlier this year I blogged about the idea of reverse washing your hair – simply put, you condition and then shampoo your hair. I saw amazing results, and at the time of writing my post I had only tried it twice, but my hair was left feeling lighter, softer and took less time to dry. Now that was a few months ago, it is time for an update.
I am surprised to say that this still works for me. Out of six hair washes, I will typically do one the traditional way (shampoo then condition) and the other five times I stick to reverse hair washing. I do it the traditional way when my hair is perhaps a little dryer than usual and needs some extra conditioning. I have noticed some great improvements to my hair:
- Being in a much better condition – in fact I got away with only having two hair cuts since April – and the second one was just a week ago.
- Growing at a great rate.
- More manageable.
- Takes less time to blow dry.
- Able to use any shampoo and conditioner, I no longer have to stick to one brand.
I have also used this method whilst we were in Florida, where my hair was exposed to the sun and 35C daily, not to mention a ton of chlorine. I am definitely a convert to reverse washing my hair, and I will continue to do so.
If you tried reverse washing your hair, has it stuck with you?
Pin this for later
JOIN MY FREE MONEY MAKING COURSE!
Join my free 6 week email course to find out tried and tested ways to earn extra money. Get exclusive access to the Money Making Mastermind Facebook group with hundreds of members.
Latest posts by Emma Drew (see all)
- 5 Ways to Make Money that I learned from Emma Drew - March 29, 2017
- Dust off the dosh with a spending Spring Clean - March 27, 2017
- 5 ways Xero can help resellers - March 27, 2017