I heard about DietBet in January, and I decided to give it a try. The idea behind it is simple:
- Register online.
- Choose between a “kickstarter” (lose 4% of your weight in 4 weeks) or the “transformer” (lose 10% of your weight in 6 months).
- Join a DietBet and place your bet (usually $25-$30).
- Submit your starting weight.
- Lose weight!
- Submit your final weight.
If you haven't managed to lose the amount of weight then your bet is forfeited into the prize pot. If you manage to hit your goal then you get a share of the remaining prize pot.
Your weight is checked by DietBet's verification team – you will need to submit two photographs and include a word that they will provide. This is to ensure that cheating doesn't take place. Your weight will not be shared without you explicitly turning that feature on. There's also a DietBet app for Android and iOS to keep you on track throughout the bet.
I bet $25, which worked out to be around £16, and I walked away with $31.16 – a profit of $6.16.
DietBets are a great way to keep motivated whilst losing weight and making extra money – as long as you do lose the weight required. As with any betting, you should be willing to lose your stake if you aren't successful. I am really pleased with the results – both the money I made and the weight I have lost.
Pin this for later
JOIN MY FREE MONEY MAKING COURSE!
Join my free 6 week email course to find out tried and tested ways to earn extra money. Get exclusive access to the Money Making Mastermind Facebook group with hundreds of members.
Latest posts by Emma Drew (see all)
- 5 Ways to Make Money that I learned from Emma Drew - March 29, 2017
- Dust off the dosh with a spending Spring Clean - March 27, 2017
- 5 ways Xero can help resellers - March 27, 2017